Sunday 28 February 2016

Dirty Teeth & Dirt

Today we did a great lesson on how to make the teeth dirty and also adding dirt to the skin using a variety of different products. We had so much fun making each other look gross and dirty!


Health and Safety 
If the client has had their teeth whitened then don't use the enamel on the teeth or tooth caps.
Don't get any of the skin sprays in the mouth, nose, eyes or down the ears.
Follow all health and safety procedures, making sure the client is fully covered up so no products gets on to the clients clothing.
There is no need for barrier cream on the skin.
Always keep the clients eyes closed when working around that area.
Always work in a well ventilated room so the smells can remove them self from some where and don't linger,
Always check with the client they are alright, with applying products.

What I Used 
- Kryolan teeth enamel - black and nicotine
- Fullers earth
- Water
- Cotton buds
- Spatula
- Hair dryer
- Supra palette
- Bowls
- Kryolan body sprays - mucky colour, gold and black
- Blood watered down

What I Did 
Teeth - 
1. Check with the client if they have any tooth caps or whitened teeth - if so then don't use the enamel on the teeth
2. Get the client to make sure they keep their mouth open and don't let the lips touch the teeth
3. With a cotton bus clean the tooth to get it dry so the enamel sticks
4. Shake the bottle before use and get the enamel on a palette or in a bowl and apply the enamel on the tooth with a clean dry bud
5. Once you are happy with the look of the teeth leave a few seconds before the client lets the lips back down
Once you need to take off the enamel on the tooth just use a cotton bud with surgical spirit on and rub it away.

There are a few different colours you can get for tooth enamel, I used the black and the nicotine over the top and the effect looked really good. The ones you can get are gold, silver, black, nicotine, rotten teeth and bad teeth.
Here is the tooth which I did -

Dirty Skin - 
1. Using fullers earth to get the dirty look, you put some in a bowl and add water to a consistency which you would like
2. Rub it on the skin to create a dirty look, I did it on the hand so I placed it all on the hand and the fingers
3. I then got the hair dryer on to the skin to dry the fullers earth, it gives a cracked dry effect on the skin but still looks mucky
4. Once it was dry I gave some areas a little rub to get the dryness more effective
5. I then used the Kryolan coloured sprays on the skin in the dirt colour and the golden colour, these worked really well in adding more colour and to the dirtyness effect
6. Using a little black from the supra colour palette I rubbed it in to certain areas and around the nails too, to make it look patchy

These sprays worked so well as they had more intense colour to the skin, the mud cracks and looks dirty and the supra colour adds more effect to the dirty look. When using the sprays though, make sure the skin on the hands, elbows or knees is open, so get the fingers to bend so the colour gets in to all the cracks of the skin. Also, with the fullers earth you can use it dry as a dust on the skin too and in the hair.
Here is the dirty hand I created -

Reflection 
I really enjoyed making each other look dirty and gross looking, I liked the products that we used and the what to use them too. I feel like when you do these things you can create what you like and use what you like because there is no limit.

I really liked the dirty teeth, I found that really interesting, to look at myself with gross teeth was quite funny too!
I really enjoyed creating these looks and I would definitely like to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment